Interswitch Group Nigeria is currently recruiting interested and qualified candidates for the position of a Team Lead, Compliance. Get the job details and how to apply below.
Interswitch is an Africa-oriented technology-driven company focused on payments. Interswitch’s broad network and robust payments platform have been instrumental to the development of the Nigerian payments ecosystem and provide Interswitch with credibility to expand across Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the following positions below:
Job Title: Team Lead, Compliance
Job Type: Full Time (Permanent)
Department: Group Legal & Compliance
- To manage a team of Compliance Officers, that conducts internal audits in order to ensure compliance with outside regulatory requirements and internal policies.
- To provide Compliance advice and implement the Interswitch’s Compliance standards in line with regulatory requirements, applicable codes of conduct and best practices in order to maintain Interswitch’s legal, regulatory and ethical integrity.
- To contribute to the Compliance strategy design and monitor its execution in line with Interswitch’s overall strategic directions. The Team Lead, Compliance reports to the Compliance Manager.
- Regulatory and Compliance Management Help design and implement a Compliance program, liaising with the regulator to ensure the program adheres to regulatory and compliance standards.
- Lead the activities of the Compliance team and guide them to execute Compliance strategy and Compliance plan, highlight shortcomings and suggest improvements in current Compliance processes, systems and procedures.
- Review Interswitch’s documented Compliance policies, procedures, and codes of conduct; monitor compliance against Compliance framework.
- Ensure Interswitch is not exposed to undue risks by using risk management systems to achieve specific goals within designated areas of the business
- Contribute to the design of Compliance strategy in line with Interswitch’s overall strategic directions.
- Performance Management Develop and propose own performance objectives; take appropriate actions to ensure achievement of agreed objectives, using the Interswitch performance management systems to improve personal performance
- Manage and report on Compliance team performance; set appropriate performance objectives for direct reports and hold them accountable for achieving these, taking appropriate corrective action where necessary to ensure the achievement of team / personal objectives.
- Capability Building Use the Interswitch formal development framework to identify the Compliance team’s individual development needs.
- Act as their mentor and coach whilst fostering an environment of mutual respect and trust.
- Plan and implement actions to build their capabilities.
- Develop training materials and conduct e-learning training on Compliance related activities to aid the understanding, adoption and seamless operation of AML / CFT, KYC, Whistleblowing, and other Compliance programmes
- Operational Compliance Maintain and renew a deep knowledge and understanding of the Interswitch policies and procedures and of relevant regulatory codes and codes of conduct, and ensure own work adheres to required standards.
- Identify within Interswitch, patterns of non-compliance with Compliance policies and procedures, and with relevant regulatory codes of conduct, taking appropriate actions to escalate and resolving these issues.
- Client and Customer Management Support internal customers and help the Compliance Manager manage internal client relationships
- Resolve complex compliance queries from internal or external customers or suppliers by providing information on policies and procedures, and provide relevant suggestions to Compliance Manager.
- Build and maintain long-term relationships with contractors, clients, consultants and compliance specialists in the Compliance ecosystem
- Insights and Reporting Prepare and coordinate the completion of various data and analytics reports.
- Submit bi-weekly reports to the Compliance Manager to share compliance issues and decisions; integrate suggestions and feedback in daily operations
This is a list of possible tasks that could form part of the job.
- Supporting the Compliance Manager in engaging Regulators during on-site and off-site reviews.
- Implementing the Interswitch approved Compliance risk-based customer onboarding and monitoring process.
- Identifying deficiencies in compliance measures and determining appropriate remedial action plans (including, where necessary, timeframes and responsibilities).
- Identifying potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk, in collaboration with the concerned business area(s), developing / implementing corrective action plans for resolution of problematic issues.
- Carrying out the review of new regulations affecting the group and developing a Compliance plan in that regard for approval.
- Monitoring the adoption of business specific Rule Book by the business teams
- Creating compliance framework that ensures that the Company does not breach any of its regulatory licenses.
- Analysing and identifying compliance risks, processes and controls and providing advice to management, relevant committees, within the Business and the Support Units and escalations to the Compliance Manager.
- Developing, drafting and updating training programmes / manuals tailored to the Business needs.
- Carrying out the research of legislation relevant to Interswitch’s business lines, the drafting of summaries and the provision of training in relation thereto to those impacted.
- University / Post Graduate in Accountancy, Banking, Business or Law, or relevant professional qualification in financial services or audit
- Possessing any of the following certifications is mandatory:
- Association of Certified AntiMoney Laundering Specialists (ACAMS).
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- At least 6 years relevant experience in Compliance roles ideally within reputable financial institutions or the payments industry
- This will enable the job holder to deal with the majority of situations and to advise others
- Experience should include:
- Solid working knowledge of financial services regulations with a strong understanding of the local regulatory regime
- Advised senior management on corporate and / or regulatory policies and procedures.
- Prior experience applying for licenses would be highly advantageous
- At least 3 years experience of supervising and directing people and other resources to achieve specific end results within limited timeframes.
- Manages Complexity
- Instills Trust
- Optimises Work Processes
- Communicates Effectively
- Plans and Aligns
- Builds Effective Teams
- Ensures Accountability
- Organisational Savvy
- Action Planning
- Planning and Organising
- Compliance Management
- Data Collection, Analysis and Control
- Policy, Regulation and Procedures
- In-Depth Questioning
- Verbal and Written Communication
- Review and Reporting
- Presentation Skills
Application Closing Date
26th January, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified applicants should click the Apply Now link below to apply (Submit CV and Application):
APPLY NOW >>
Follow our FACEBOOK PAGE for latest updates. Use the share buttons above and below the post to share with friends on Social Media.