Photo credit: Let’s Go Digital
A few months ago, rumors of Meta’s Facebook Watch surfaced, but now, a few patent filings may have leaked a few features that we could see in the company’s first smartwatch. Meta Platforms recently had patent approved by the WIPO (World Intellectual Property Organisation) for a ‘detachable camera block for a wearable device,’ and in the sketches, we basically see a smartwatch with a detachable display, along with several cameras integrated directly into the panel. Read more for more pictures and information.
If the sketches are correct, the Facebook Watch boasts three separate camera sensors, which may include a macro, telephoto lens, and wide angle. After removing the display, the housing remains on the user’s wrist, along with the wrist strap, leaving the possibility of swapping a different module in its place. The detached display could then be placed on a head mounted display for augmented reality applications.
Apple Watch Series 7 GPS, 45mm Starlight Aluminum Case with Starlight Sport Band – Regular
- Always-on Retina display has nearly 20% more screen area than Series 6, making everything easier to see and use
- The most crack-resistant front crystal yet on an Apple Watch, IP6X dust resistance, and swimproof design
- Measure your blood oxygen with a powerful sensor and app
- Take an ECG anytime, anywhere
- Get high and low heart rate, and irregular heart rhythm notifications