Femi Okunnu's Daughter, Khadijah Declares Interest In Presidential Race; the first woman to declare interest in becoming president come 2023.
Khadijah Okunnu-Lamidi, daughter of former Federal Works commissioner, Femi Okunnu, SAN, has declared her interest in the 2023 presidential race.
Speaking on why she’s running, Okunnu-Lamidi said, “I am running for the office of President because I believe Nigeria can harness its potential to be the nation of our dreams. We can move from a third world country into a developed nation with innovation and technology.
“I believe in the possibilities Nigeria holds; that is why I have taken this first step, not because there are no fears, but the will to bring about the Nigeria we all wish, hope and believe we can make a reality together.”
Her father, Femi Okunnu, SAN served as a Federal Commissioner of Works & Housing from 1967-74. [Credit: Twitter | Kol_nigeria}
Khadijah Okunnu Lamidi Biography
13 Things To Know About Khadijah Okunnu-Lamidi, The First Woman To Declare Interest In Becoming President Come 2023
Here are some facts about her.
1. 38-year-old Khadijah Okunnu-Lamidi was born in Lagos to a prominent family.
2. She is the only child of her parents but has both maternal and paternal step-siblings.
3. She is the daughter of elder statesman, Lateef Femi Okunnu (SAN), a former Federal Commissioner of Works & Housing. Her mother, Arinola Omololu, is a businesswoman of Ago-Owu pedigree.
4. She attended the University of Lagos Staff School & Childville School Yaba for her primary education (1986-1994) before proceeding to Atlantic Hall School Maryland for her secondary education (1994-2000)
5. She got her first job was at age 16 at The Motherless Babies Home Lekki where she was introduced to community influencing.
6. She holds a Bachelor’s degree in Business Management (Hons) from the University of Bolton RAK Campus in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) and a Master’s degree in Strategic Project Management (SPM) from the prestigious Heriot-Watt University, Dubai.
7. She moved back to Lagos to undergo the mandatory NYSC programme where she taught Physics and Chemistry at a Lagos State Government School.
8. She worked at the Lagos State Signage and Advertisement Agency (LASAA) for four years before she delved into entrepreneurship.
9. Khadijah is the Founder & CEO of Slice Media Solutions, an advertising agency.
10. She is the first female to be featured as a cover story in an Out-Of-Home magazine in Nigeria and has also been featured as one of the Top 50 Women in Marketing & Communication in Nigeria.
11. She is a member of the Advertising Practitioners Council of Nigeria (APCON),
12. She is known for her gender balance and youth development advocacy and is the brain behind some social impact initiatives such as – Water Relief Nigeria, Help Our Youth (HOY), To Better Nigeria & Project: Bridge the Gap.
13. She is happily married to Adeshola Lamidi, a Financial Analyst and Risk Management Professional and they are blessed with kids. [Fabwoman]
Follow our FACEBOOK PAGE for latest updates. Use the share buttons above and below the post to share with friends on Social Media.