A area technician with the Ikeja Electrical, Matthew Umukoro, has misplaced his life after falling from an electrical pole on Igbe Street, Igbogbo, within the Ikorodu Native Authorities Space of Lagos State.

PUNCH Metro gathered that the 42-year-old was on a pole, engaged on wires to allow residents of the Itedo Oluwa Group Improvement Affiliation to have entry to energy when the pole all of a sudden snapped.

It was learnt that Umukoro fell and misplaced consciousness as his physique hit the bottom.

In a bid to rescue him, some good Samaritans, together with his colleagues and residents in the neighborhood, rushed him to the Akinbola Hospital, the place he was confirmed useless.

The Head of Company Communications, IE, Felix Ofulue, whereas commiserating with the sufferer’s household, mentioned the agency had commenced investigation and security evaluation to find out what went flawed.

He mentioned, “Considered one of our workers, a area technician, suffered a deadly accident whereas engaged on an electrical pole. He was rushed to a hospital, however sadly, he handed on.

“It’s a tragic scenario and we deeply commiserate together with his household and associates. Already, we now have commenced an investigation and security evaluation of the scenario to find out what went flawed.

“Security is a vital facet of the corporate’s tradition and it’s paramount that each technician is absolutely kitted in private protecting tools each time they’re on the sphere.

“The corporate will spare no price to make sure that workers members are protected of their line of responsibility because of the delicate nature of the duty.”

The state Police Public Relations Officer, Benjamin Hundeyin, mentioned Umukoro’s corpse had been deposited within the Ikorodu Basic Hospital’s mortuary.

He mentioned, “The incident occurred on Monday, June 13, 2022. Matthew Umukoro’s colleague visited the station and reported that he was engaged on an electrical pole round 3pm, however within the course of, the pole bought damaged and he fell.

“He was instantly rushed to a hospital, however was pronounced useless by the physician on responsibility.”


Source link